Attention to specifics, a “make-it-work” attitude and a willingness to work long hours, sacrificing sleep and comfort to get the shot, describe me best.
My years working in advertising, both as a copywriter and an audiovisual producer, honed my eye for detail and love for location work. I am in my element working on-site, and have spent equal amounts of time balancing on a 2×4 board in a 50ft. silo shooting a welder, perched on an 85ft. man lift photographing urea reactors, and hanging out of a helicopter capturing Coast Guard training exercises.
My team and I are equally at home plying our craft in high security Ministries and Corporate Boardrooms, as well as on location in wildly varying conditions, working with ad agencies and television crews on their latest campaigns.
I'll cast a copywriting eye over annual reports I've shot images for and I proofread and edit reports, articles and manuscripts when required.
I have an inexplicable attachment to coveralls, and
- remember wanting to work at a gas station at the age of thirteen just because I wanted to wear the uniform
- jumped off the cliffs at Rick’s Cafe in Jamaica and ended up in Mobay Hope Medical Centre
- think chunky peanut butter and guava jelly might just be the perfect food combination
- sometimes forget that I also practised law
- love gadgets. The weirder and cooler it is, the better. My favourite stores are Brookstone, Sharper Image and Hammacher Schlemmer, and my ability to 'MacGyver' on jobs reflects this
- credit my love for photography and gadgets to my mother, who always had a camera or camcorder in hand, and a multitool whatnot in her purse.